Launching September 1st, a Chester County-wide challenge will take place for four months, hoping to result in $150,000 raised to pay the household bills of 100 local families that are battling cancer. Who is being challenged? All of you! But you have until December 31st, just in time for the holidays, to make dreams come true.
Bringing Hope Home (formerly Great Guys Group), the inspirational organization behind this unique campaign, was founded by West Chester University alum Paul Isenberg when his college sweetheart and wife, Nicole, fell victim to cancer in 2003. The organization’s goal is to ensure that no family goes through the cancer experience alone and the Hope for 100 Challenge is now at the root of that goal.
Local businesses and some of your favorite restaurants are eager to get involved with the Hope for 100 Challenge. These restaurants will not only serve as a reminder to frequent diners through dedicated service personnel and promotions, but some also look forward to donating a percentage of their profits toward the end goal.
It’s really easy for businesses to get involved and even easier to contribute as an individual. While you dine amongst your favorite food spots, keep an eye out for the Hope for 100 Challenge posters and tent cards. The promotional material will indicate a number for texting to donate ($10) or display a QR code for easy fundraising access.
You’re probably thinking 100 families might be a little much. This gives YOU all the more reason to donate and spread the word and gives BHH a reason to store other tricks up their sleeves. Several BHH events, like the West Chester STOMPS Cancer 5k & Fun Run, will take place during the Hope for 100 time frame and also donate funds to the cause.
There is no limit to how many businesses participate so if you or someone you know may be interested in helping out, check out all the ways to do so below and/or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
There is also no limit to donating so text away!
HOW to get involved:
- Host a Dine For Hope Day - Host a Dine For Hope day, where a portion of the proceeds from that day(s) of your choice will be donated to support the Hope For 100 Challenge.
- Display Hope For 100 table tents on each table at your restaurant that will direct people to donate.
- Donate a portion of a specific drink or dessert of your choice for the entire campaign or for a designated date to support the Hope For 100 campaign – if you let The Town Dish know, we will happily publicize it.
- Host a Holiday Gift Card Happy Hour - Whoever brings a gift card to support a local family battling cancer for the holidays will get a drink or food special! (tacky sweaters encouraged).
- Adopt-A-Family - Be paired with an actual family in the community and fundraise with your employees and supporters to help pay for their bills and/or provide gifts and gift cards to them.
- Make a monetary donation to support the Hope For 100 Challenge and local families battling cancer.
- Create your own idea - Find out other ways you can get involved in the Hope For 100 Challenge here.